Need Help with Legal and/or Ethical Questions?
Use the TAR Legal & Ethics Hot Line to Help You with the LAW & the CODE!
The Tennessee Association of REALTORS® is very pleased to provide this service to its members! The TAR Legal & Ethics Hot Line service is designed to answer members’ real estate related legal questions, as well as questions concerning the REALTOR® Code of Ethics. It is designed for members to have direct toll-free access to a qualified attorney and intended to provide legal preventative maintenance to all TAR members.
There are 3 WAYS to access:
- Online Help Desk
- Hours of Operation: M-F, 9:00am – 5:00pm CST
- Local to Nashville: 244-3344
- Not Local: 800-899-5297
- Email: moc.t1433009994enrat1433009994@enil1433009994toh1433009994
- Members HELP DESK –
( You must be Logged In to use this “Member Only” service)
To email a legal or ethics question to TAR’s Hot Line, you must include your full name, firm name, broker’s name, and local association name and then send your question to: email@example.com
ATTENTION: Put “Hot Line Question” in the Subject line of your email! And do NOT email attachments with any Hot Line questions. Any attachments may cause your email to be deleted without being read.
ADVANTAGES OF HELP DESK
TAR encourages members to use “HELP DESK” for communicating with both the Legal & Ethics Hot Line Staff and TAR Staff.
The Help Desk’s largest advantages are:
- Online Communication via email may result in faster responses
- All of your help requests received through the Help Desk are archived for your “personal review” at any time
- Documentation of Frequently Asked Questions and Knowledge base of articles and many more resources are all now easily searchable. You may find the answer to the your questions quicker as a result.
Caveat: Please note that your Managing Broker will always be copied on the response to any help request forwarded to the TAR Legal & Ethics Hotline. In addition, any inquiry handled by the TAR Legal & Ethics Hot Line does not result in attorney-client relationship. The Hot Line is simply a source of legal and ethical information for members, and no attorney-client relationship is intended or implied when a Hot Line attorney responds to an inquiry. Questions submitted to the hotline are NOT IMMEDIATELY answered but can take anywhere from 24-48 hour response time.